Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Facilitating Online 2010

Yesterday, I got a bit carried away with my new blog and forgot why I did all this to begin with! I am participating in a course called Facilitating Online 2010. By taking this course I hope to learn skills for blogging effectively. Not just to blather on with nonsense or musings (case in point: everything I wrote yesterday), but to effectively share using my blog as a way to disseminate information to the folks I want to share it with.

Birthwork brings with it the opportunity to educate and provide support to women in a unique way. Also, the opportunity to do the same for other birthworkers. My main goals are to improve my communication and learning new outlets for communication.

With this blog, I will share my journey as I go through the course and complete the assignments. Be prepared to be dazzled. If not dazzled then, at least informed of my progress and all of the exciting things to come.

7 comments:

Lisa Barrett said...

Hello Beautiful Bettie, I joined because Gloria said to do it!! She has me in her powers you know.xx

Bettie said...

Hello Lisa! Yes, Gloria has that affect on me too.

WiseWoman said...

Me, too, she's so darn charismatic!

Chris Woodhouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Woodhouse said...

Hi Bettie,
I'm really looking forward to see your blogging over the course - and I'm definitely hooked by your semi-rhetorical question about "Bettie Sheets".
Cheers,
Chris
PS I removed the previous comment as there were too many typos and I was too lazy to track down the ability to edit my comment

Bettie said...

Aha,Chris! I knew it would work on someone! Thank you for stopping by.

Sarah Stewart said...

Of course, you know I am a midwife. I am very interested in how you'll incorporate the knowledge you gain from this course into your practice. How many midwives do you see with an effective online presence for working with mothers?